The Patriots Initiative in Rancho Santa Fe grants $100,000 to San Diego military nonprofit organizations
“There are so many worthwhile organizations which support the military, but we were impressed with the proactive response of Operation Rebound through the Challenged Athletes Foundation in San Diego.” Scott and Franci Free saw a need and knew that their donation through The Patriots Initiative was the way they could support the work of Operation Rebound. “We are fans!”
The Patriots Initiative, the new military outreach program of the Rancho Santa Fe Foundation, has announced grants totaling $100,000 to various organizations across San Diego County. These grants will help military service members, veterans and their families deal with the spectrum of hardships they face as a result of their commitment to serve the nation.
Each year The Patriots Initiative evaluates grant requests submitted by nonprofits that have qualified for The Directory, a comprehensive selection of the most trustworthy and accountable nonprofits doing the best work supporting military service members and their families. The nonprofits’ submitted projects are then evaluated for their impact, timeliness and effectiveness at addressing the most critical needs facing military warriors, veterans and their families.
The nonprofit organizations receiving TPI grants include:
• 211 San Diego — Military and Veterans Program includes general information and referral services, an online searchable database of 6,000 services, a 24/7 peer to peer Courage to Call hotline, military/veteran partnerships,
• Camp Pendleton ASYMCA — Temporary Emergency Assistance Program supports junior enlisted families by providing gas cards, commissary food certificates, and other support for family emergencies or financial difficulties.
• California State University San Marcos Veterans Center — to help furnish the new Veterans Center, and to provide veteran and military CSUSM students with textbooks and support for transportation, childcare, and meal plan expenses.
• Challenged Athletes Foundation — Operation Rebound® is a sports and fitness program for American military personnel, veterans and first responders with permanent physical disabilities.
• Fleet Week San Diego — A week of events that focus on celebrating our military.
• San Diego ASYMCA — The In-Home Clinical Counseling Program promotes mission readiness by resolving crisis; assisting families in developing tools to become proactive and increase coping skills; and promoting safety and wellness for children. 300-400 junior enlisted active duty families are served with free clinical counseling every year.
• Second Chance San Diego — Graduating ten U.S. Military veterans from its STRIVE/Job Readiness Training program during FY13/14.
• Veterans Association of North County (VANC) — Career Transitions Assistance Program (CTAP) is a free service provided to all ranks and branches of the military that are re-entering the civilian job market. CTAP provides hands on, information rich, interactive training; on-going one-on-one coaching is also provided.
• Workshops for Warriors — Provides compressed “Training, Certification, and Placement of Veterans and Wounded Warriors into Manufacturing Careers” at no cost to the student. Workshops for Warriors has a 100 percent placement rate and places graduates into careers in CAD/CAM, CNC Machining, Welding, Fabrication, and Machinery Repair careers across America.
TPI grants represent a thoughtful directing of philanthropic dollars to the most important and timely projects underway at some of the most highly regarded and effective nonprofit organizations serving the military community.
“We know the nation is expecting the San Diego region to develop the 21st century’s answer for the complex and enormous set of problems facing our nation’s military families, active and veteran, alike. After all, we have the largest presence of military operations and personnel here… so the solutions will be found here.”
— Christy Wilson, executive director, Rancho Santa Fe FoundationBy donating through The Patriots Initiative, donors can be confident that 100 percent of their tax-deductible philanthropic gifts, guided by The Patriots Initiative’s extensive firsthand knowledge and expertise, will be impactful and serve the most critical needs.
Want to know what TPI donors have to say? Visit The Patriots Initiative website for their comments:
or call TPI at: 858-756-0358.