Rancho Santa Fe residents return home after gas leak


By City News Service

Residents from 10 Rancho Santa Fe homes who were evacuated were allowed to return home the evening of Aug. 4 after officials determined a

gas leak was caused by a broken valve on a filled 400-gallon propane tank and repaired it.

The gas leak in the 6100 block of Paseo Delicias was reported about 4:20 p.m., said Julie Taber of the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District.

Ten homes were evacuated as a precaution and Paseo Delicias was closed between Via de la Valle and El Tordo, Taber said.

By 6 p.m. residents were escorted back to their homes by firefighters, who checked the air quality to make sure it was safe.