Licensed landscape contractors in the San Diego region are working to maintain the area’s unique beauty through the design, installation and management of the county’s landscapes, while conserving as much water as possible. These efforts were recognized on June 24 at the California Landscape Contractors Association’s Annual Beautification Awards Program, held at the Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College.
The San Diego chapter of the CLCA honored 23 local landscape contractors for excellence in landscape installation and maintenance. Fifty-two awards were presented in 26 categories culled from 105 entries, which encompassed categories covering residential and commercial landscape construction, maintenance and renovation, along with water features, outdoor lighting and water-saving California-friendly landscaping.
A first place “winner” and second place “achievement” award were presented, although not all categories warranted both types of awards. Here is a list of RSF winners:
• Residential construction estate category: DeMaria Landtech for the Athan residence in Rancho Santa Fe (winner); The Brickman Group for the Bucknell residence in La Jolla (achievement).
• Residential maintenance estate category: Torrey Pines Landscape for the Glover residence in Rancho Santa Fe (winner); Mark Schroeder & Co. for Boulder Mountain Road in Poway (achievement).
• Residential maintenance category: Columbine Landscape for Solana Beach Overlook in Solana Beach (winner); Torrey Pines Landscape for the Keitel Residence in Rancho Santa Fe (achievement).
• Commercial maintenance HOA/family housing category: O’Connell Landscape Maintenance for Santaluz in San Diego (winner); O’Connell Landscape Maintenance for Otay Ranch 1 in Chula Vista (achievement).
• Landscape renovation estate category: AAA Landscape Specialists for the Hong residence in San Diego (winner); Summit Services for the Karetas residence in Rancho Santa Fe (achievement).
• Design build construction estate category: Torrey Pines Landscape for the DiCerchio residence in Rancho Santa Fe (winner); DeMaria Landtech for the Athan residence in Rancho Santa Fe (achievement).
For more information and how to choose a contractor, please log on to