Rancho Santa Fe Foundation welcomes six new directors and marketing manager
The Rancho Santa Fe Foundation continues its commitment to excellence in donor services, grantmaking and community leadership with the addition of six new directors and a marketing manager.
As the Foundation experiences rapid growth and launches an innovative grants program in San Diego County, it welcomes new directors Alyce Ashcraft, Jim Cimino, Bill Davidson, Dr. Hugh Greenway, Connie Levi and Dan Platt, and marketing manager Susan Pyke.
• Alyce Ashcraft is currently vice president of property management at Ashcraft Investment Company. She is a founding member (2004) of the Rancho Santa Fe Women’s Fund, a former member and president of the Rancho Santa Fe Community Center Board of Directors, and a former member and secretary of the Junior League of San Diego Board of Directors. She has been a resident of Rancho Santa Fe since 1978.
• Jim Cimino retired as executive vice president, Senior Director of Sales, Southwest Region, at Wells Fargo Bank, specializing in comprehensive Wealth Management and Private Banking. He received a Ph.D. from University of California, Berkeley and an MBA from UCLA Anderson School of Management. Among other community activities, Cimino served as Secretary of the Rancho Santa Fe School Board for three years and received the Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego “Man of the Year” Award in 2007.
• Bill Davidson is senior vice president of investor relations for Qualcomm, Inc. and head of sales and marketing for Firethorn Mobile, Inc. Previously, he was the senior vice president of global marketing and investor relations for Qualcomm. Davidson serves as a board member for CommNexus, CONNECT, the San Diego Police Foundation and the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce and is the board chair for the Institute for Communication Technology Management at USC.
• Dr. Hugh Greenway is chairman of Mohs Surgery/Dermatology Surgery at Scripps Clinic and executive vice president of Institutional Advancement. He was previously CEO of Scripps Clinic. Greenway served in the Navy as a general medical officer in Okinawa, Japan, and as flight surgeon/senior medical officer Naval Air Station at Dobbins Air Force Base, Marietta, Georgia. He did his dermatology residency at San Diego Naval Hospital.
• Connie Levi, formerly Independent Chair of Thrivent Mutual Funds, served as a representative and majority leader in the Minnesota House of Representatives. She served on numerous public boards and committees in Minnesota, including the Chair of the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Committee on Higher Education and Chair of the Governor’s Joint Commission on Public Service Reform. Locally, Levi is a former Council President for Calvary Lutheran Church in Del Mar and former Chair of the Board and Budget Committee of the Del Mar Country Club Estates HOA.
• Dan Platt is executive vice president, Special Assets Group, of Pacific Western Bank. Formerly, he was executive vice president and CFO of Burnham Pacific Properties. He is currently a member of the Board of Directors of Pacific Western Bancorp and a member of the Finance Committee at Santaluz Country Club. Platt is a former board member and Treasurer of the Rancho Santa Fe Soccer Club and former board member of Santa Fe Christian Schools.
• Susan Pyke brings more than 10 years of nonprofit and communications experience to the position of marketing manager. She obtained her M.A. in Nonprofit Leadership and Management at the University of San Diego in May 2012. “We’re thrilled to have Sue joining our great staff and bringing her enthusiasm and commitment to the work of the Foundation,” said Christy Wilson, Executive Director.
Founded in 1981, the Rancho Santa Fe Foundation (RSFF) is an independent public charity that manages philanthropic resources from individual and institutional donors. RSFF enables donors to create charitable funds, based on their philanthropic interests, which address a wide range of issues throughout San Diego County and around the world. For more information, visit