Rancho Santa Fe burglaries up in 2011
The number of burglaries in RSF rose from 17 in 2010 to 28 in 2011, according to RSF Patrol Chief Matt Wellhouser. The Patrol Chief said he will present a report on crime in RSF to the RSF Association board at its Feb 2 meeting. The burglary total number includes commercial, residential and vehicle burglaries (mostly residential). While crime in Rancho Santa Fe is still very low compared to other communities, Wellhouser said the Patrol is working with the Sheriff’s department on burglary prevention to keep crime in RSF as low as possible.
“Burglaries tend to come in waves,” Wellhouser said. “We are trying to make people aware of the crime potential and to take precautions. Even if you are just leaving the house for a short period of time, lock everything up.”
Wellhouser offers the following crime prevention tips:
• Locks all doors and windows.
• Turn on alarms
• Don’t leave valuables out — lock them up. Put the jewelry in the safe.
• Don’t leave valuables in your car.
• It is a good idea to have serial numbers and descriptions of your electronics, cameras and other items kept in a safe place.
• The Sheriff offers a free home crime prevention inspection. Call them if you are interested at (760) 966-3500. If you have any questions, call (858) 756-4372; https://