On Feb. 14, at 10:08 a.m., firefighters from the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District responded to a reported fire alarm in a home on Camino Del Pajaro in the community of Fairbanks Ranch. Upon arrival, a security guard for the Fairbanks Ranch community saw smoke through the kitchen windows. The firefighters entered the home and quickly extinguished a small electrical fire in the dishwasher.
“While this fire was small, it could have been much worse,” said Battalion Chief Fred Cox. “Had it not been for the working fire protection system in the home that automatically triggered the alarm and the quick actions of the security guard and the firefighters, this fire could have easily spread and caused major damage to the home.