Rancho Santa Fe Association seeks input on governing documents
The Rancho Santa Fe Association Governing Documents Committee, formed by the RSF Association Board of Directors, has recommended changes to the Association’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. The Committee recommends that changes be made to the Articles and Bylaws to:
• Comport with the 2014 Davis-Stirling Act and the California Corporations Code
• Create equity and fairness in voting
• Simplify and make consistent both documents
The committee recommendations are based on:
• Committee review and discussion
• Member input at the Town Hall Meeting
• Member appearances before the Committee
• Member written and oral comments to the Committee
• Legal counsel review
Member input is an important part of this process and the Committee would like to thank those who have provided their comments to date. Members are urged to carefully read through the documents and submit comments before the documents are finalized.
Association members were provided a link via email to download the proposed changes on a redline version of the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Members are asked to review each document and submit comments by April 15, 2016, so that the Committee may finalize both documents and prepare them for a vote of the membership concurrent with the election of Directors. The effective date of the Restated Articles and Bylaws would be July 1, 2016.
Members may access the documents on the RSF Association website at www.RSFAssociation.org but will need to login to the website and then may access the documents at the top of the Member Home Page. Members needing help accessing the website may call the Association Office at 760-756-1174 or email RSFA@RSFAssociation.org.
Submit comments by April 15, 2016, by:
- Fax to 858-756-9814 Attention: Governing Documents
- Writing to Comments, RSF Association, PO Box A, 17022 Avenida de Acacias, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
- Email to GovDocs@RSFAssociation.org. — Submitted press release