Two Rancho Santa Fe residents receive Director of the Year award
Corporate Directors Forum is recognizing six San Diego directors for their extraordinary contributions to corporate governance at its 26th annual Director of the Year awards. Among the directors being honored are Rancho Santa Fe residents David Hale and Jim Buechler.
The awards will be presented Thursday, Sept. 22 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla, and will celebrate directors who have made a significant positive contribution in the boardroom and behind the scenes. Representing the region’s Fortune 500, fastest-growing and most innovative companies, the honorees are:
▪ Lifetime Contribution to Life Sciences: David F. Hale, Chair & CEO, Hale BioPharma Ventures; fmr. Chair, Santarus, SkinMedica & others;
▪ Companies in Transition: Jim Buechler, Chair & CEO, Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits;
▪ Corporate Governance: Magda Marquet, Co-Founder & Co-Chair, Althea Technologies;
▪ Enhancement of Economic Value: Mark D. Dankberg, Chair & CEO, ViaSat, Inc.;
▪ Corporate Governance Not-for-Profit: Carol Chang, Chair, UC San Diego Foundation; President, Balboa Park Conservancy; Founder and Board Member, San Diego Women’s Foundation;
▪ Lifetime Achievement: Peter C. Farrell, Ph.D., Founder & Chair, ResMed, Inc.; Director, NuVasive, Inc. & others
“Corporate governance in San Diego is truly world class. We’re proud to be honoring this year’s most impactful leaders,” said Jack Yelverton, senior vice president, Aon Corporation, and Director of the Year co-chair. “In the current business climate, director leadership is more important than ever. To have each of our honorees nominated by their peers as the region’s highest achievers is special and we are pleased to ensure they receive the recognition they deserve.”
The Director of the Year awards dinner is open to the public, with individual tickets and tables of 10 available now. Sponsorships are also available. For tickets and sponsorship information, please call 858-455-7930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Director of the Year Awards, visit directorsforum.com/DOY16.
Get the RSF Review weekly in your inbox
Latest news from Rancho Santa Fe every Thursday for free
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Rancho Santa Fe Review.