Workshops on living wills, clutter, bridge coming to Rancho Santa Fe Senior Center
These events are upcoming at the Rancho Santa Fe Senior Center, 16780 La Gracia, Rancho Santa Fe. Call 858-756-3041 to register, or visit www.rsfseniors.org:
• Living Wills — What You Need to Know: 2 p.m. Jan. 14. Stanley Terman, Ph.D., M.D., will offer valuable information about how to create a Living Will. If you already have a Living Will, you will learn what to add to make it more effective.
• “Clutter Cutter”: 2 p.m. Jan. 28. Learn simple strategies to create a safe, attractive, and accessible environment. Linda Diller of Senior Move Masters and Beppie Mostert of Living Design Interiors will give valuable tips on reducing clutter while improving your home’s comfort, beauty, and livability.
• Intermediate Bridge: 2 p.m. Jan. 15. Register now with instructor Scott Farr for this five- week workshop. The cost is $75, paid to the instructor.
• Resource and Referral Service, available 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays: Seniors and their family members can speak with a staff member for valuable information to address a variety of needs. For assistance, or to schedule an appointment, call 858-756-3041.
• Balance & Fall Prevention Fitness Class: Meets at 10:45 a.m. Monday mornings. Licensed physical therapist Navid Hannanvash leads the class in performing practical and useful exercises to improve balance, strengthen muscles, and help prevent falls. A fee of $5 for each class is paid to the instructor.
• Classical Music Appreciation: Meets from 2-4 p.m. Mondays with next classes Jan. 12, Jan. 26, Feb. 9, Feb. 23. Instructor Randy Malin leads this class featuring classical composers and the music that has endured through the ages.
• Art History Video Lecture: Meets 2-3:45 p.m. Feb. 2. Enjoy a fine art history video lecture from the Great Courses Teaching Company.
• Oil Painting Class: This class is appropriate for all artists from beginning through advanced. Local artist Lynne Zimet instructs. Call 858-756-3041 for information about the next series of classes.
• Rancho San Café, French Discussion Group: Class meets from 10:30-11:30 a.m. every first and third Thursday. A wonderful opportunity for those with intermediate to advanced French language skills to join host Philippe Faurie and enjoy a cup of coffee while conversing in French.
• Blood Pressure Readings: Free service provided by American Medical Response Ambulance Service. Due to the holiday season, this program will resume at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 29. No appointment necessary.
• Acting Class with Monty Silverstone: Instructor Silverstone, accomplished actor and father of Hollywood actress Alicia Silverstone, will teach students about monologues, scene study, and cold reading from scripts.
• Calling All Literature Lovers: 10 a.m.-noon every first Friday (Feb. 6, March 6, April 3). This workshop led by Garrett Chaffin-Quiray begins with a discussion of a critically acclaimed author’s work, followed by an optional writing workshop for interested participants.
Get the RSF Review weekly in your inbox
Latest news from Rancho Santa Fe every Thursday.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Rancho Santa Fe Review.