‘Behind the Mask; Proud as a Peacock Gala’
The International Bipolar Foundation’s 2013 Gala, “Behind the Mask; Proud as a Peacock Gala,” was held at the Estancia Hotel and Spa in La Jolla on May 11.
According to Dr. Thomas Insel, Director of the National Institute for Mental Health, “psychiatry is the only part of medicine where there is actually greater stigma for receiving treatment for these illnesses than for having them.”
International Bipolar Foundation (IBF), founded in San Diego by four mothers with children who have bipolar disorder, is dedicated to educating the public and erasing the devastating stigma and isolation, thereby breaking down obstacles to treatment, promoting recovery, and decreasing isolation and emotional pain.
- International high school essay contest launched
- International Bipolar Foundation acquires National Bipolar Foundation
- International Bipolar Foundation advocates for stigma reduction
- International Bipolar Foundation releases ‘Healthy Living with Bipolar Disorder’ book
- Rancho Santa Fe’s Muffy Walker a finalist for Volunteer of the Year award
Short URL: http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/?p=21895