Rancho Santa Fe Toastmasters announces speech contest winners
Members of Rancho Santa Fe Toastmasters recently participated in an annual competition that included two types of speechmaking, and winners in each category will represent their club at an area-wide competition on March 9.
In the “Table Topics” competition, winner Richard Scott gave a 2-3 minute spontaneous response to a prompt about an experience that resembled a three-ring circus. In the “International Speech” competition, participants gave 5-7 minute prepared speeches with the objective of inspiring the audience. Gwen Mecklenburg and Laura Akers were awarded top honors in that category.
Toastmasters is an international organization that helps members develop public speaking and leadership skills. Patrick Crais, president of the RSF club, said, “It’s gratifying to see the number of young people who have recently joined our club. They recognize the value of good communication skills in their careers, and Toastmasters is a fun way to sharpen those skills.” The club meets Tuesday evenings from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Community Center. Guests are always welcome. For more information, contact JoAnne King at email@example.com.
- Rancho Santa Fe Toastmasters President Patrick Crais wins speech contest
- Rancho Santa Fe Toastmasters to hold ‘Fact or Fiction’ speech contest
- Rancho Santa Fe Toastmasters to host open house, speech contest
- Rancho Santa Fe’s Muffy Walker wins area Toastmasters contest
- Toastmasters’ Northern Division speech contest to be held May 7 in Rancho Santa Fe
Short URL: http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/?p=19444