Woman killed in Rancho Santa Fe car accident
A 24-year-old Rancho Santa Fe woman was killed Feb. 6 after her car struck a tree on the 5400 block of La Granada in Rancho Santa Fe, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
The CHP reported that Cristina M. Elshahawi, 24, was driving on the 5400 block of La Granada and entering a left-hand curve in the roadway. For unknown reasons, she entered the eastbound lane, over-corrected to the right, and spun off the north road edge, according to the CHP. The car she was driving, a 2007 Mini Cooper, struck a tree about 2:50 p.m. where Elshahawi sustained major head trauma, the CHP reported.
Elshahawi was flown to Scripps Hospital La Jolla where she was pronounced dead at 3:52 p.m. Alcohol/drugs were not a factor in the accident, according to the CHP.
- Name of woman killed in Rancho Santa Fe motorcycle accident released
- Woman killed in Rancho Santa Fe motorcycle accident
- Rancho Santa Fe college student killed in car accident
- Motorist who struck and killed bicyclist in Rancho Santa Fe pleads guilty to hit and run
- Two injured in Fairbanks Ranch car accident
Short URL: http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/?p=18126