‘Someone Lived’ celebration
Dr. Rachel Leheny and Dr. Ed Scheibler opened their Rancho Santa Fe home to fellow supporters of The Clearity Foundation, a La Jolla-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing individualized treatment information to women with ovarian cancer.
The event featured music in the gardens, wine, hors d’oeuvres and dessert. About 130 guests attended, many from San Diego’s biotechnology industry.
The evening celebrated survival, hope and progress in changing the odds for women with ovarian cancer. Special recognition was given to three women for their selfless contributions:
Dr. Laura Shawver, founder of The Clearity Foundation; Dr. Bridgette Duggan, a gynecologic oncologist treating women at her San Diego-based private practice South Coast Gynecologic Oncology; and Helen Gardner, an ovarian cancer survivor, was honored by The Clearity Foundation with the Circle of Compassion Award. For more information, visit www.clearityfoundation.org.
- Circle of Life 100 Celebration: Wine, Women & Shoes benefit set for Sept. 8
- Fairbanks Republican Women Stand Up for Women
- Z Private Post and Caffé to hold grand opening celebration at new Cielo location
- Rancho Santa Fe: Choo 24:7 Bags event benefit
- Rancho Santa Fe philanthropists endow Cancer Center director chair at Sanford-Burnham
Short URL: http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/?p=9574