New Rancho Santa Fe field use guidelines set
By Karen Billing
As the demand for Rancho Santa Fe’s playing fields has increased, so has the need for better organization for their use. The Rancho Santa Fe Association’s trails and recreation committee has come up with a new guidelines for field use, approved by the board at its April 5 meeting.
The past method of issuing field permits for Association facilities was considered inefficient by the committee due to the demand for playing time by a variety of sports leagues and the maintenance requirements to keep fields in good condition.
The new guidelines accommodate all of the active leagues in the area, including Rancho Santa Fe Soccer, RSF Little League, RSF Men’s Soccer and RSF Lacrosse and the Rancho Riding Club, which uses the parking lot for shows and events. The guidelines require that the programs have more than 30 percent Association membership.
The committee has also recommended that both Richardson and RSF Field be closed in July for restoration work, if needed.
The committee has also met with RSF School District Superintendent Lindy Delaney about working together on use of the R. Roger Rowe fields.
- Rancho Santa Fe School considering new soccer field
- Rancho Santa Fe Art Jury adopts new guidelines
- Rancho Santa Fe Association board approves Golf Club loan
- Opinion: Proposed Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club bylaws change should be opposed
- Rancho Santa Fe Association forms Committee on the Natural Environment
Short URL: http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/?p=8481