Reception to be held for Fairbanks Ranch sculptorAlexander Salazar Fine Art presents the unveiling of Carolyn Guerra’s “Rhinoman” and “Nag, Nag, Nag” on Dec. 10, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The public is invited to the wine reception. The sculptor is a resident of Fairbanks Ranch. Come and enjoy the details of these two pivotal pieces that have been Guerra’s preoccupation for the last seven and one-half years. Each sculpture being unveiled is made of bronze using the lost wax process. At 6 p.m, the gallery director, Alex, will conduct an informal interview with the artist.
Another Guerra sculpture has been on display for the past year in front of the Maritime Museum at the Port of San Diego as part of the Port of San Diego’s Urban Tree Exhibition. It has just has been moved to its final destination. “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue fish” has found a new home in the Encino garden of art collectors and philanthropists Nate and Ralyn Wolfstein. You may have seen their donated sculptures at both Scripps Hospitals’ in La Jolla and Encinitas. Guerra’s 15-foot sculpture ”Family Tree by the Sea” is near the flag pole in front of Scripps Hospital in Encinitas.
Alexander Salazar Fine Art is located at 640 Broadway, San Diego, 92101; 619-531-8996.
- Rancho Santa Fe artist’s work now on display at North Coast Repertory Theatre Gallery
- Cell phone coverage better in Fairbanks Ranch area thanks to new tower
- Junior Seau Celebrity Golf Classic to be held at Fairbanks Ranch Country Club
- Crystal Ball Pre-Party held in Fairbanks Ranch
- Royal Wedding celebration held in Fairbanks Ranch
Short URL: http://www.ranchosantafereview.com/?p=6385